« Back to News
MPs are seeking evidence of how the Government Covid fund for charities is being spent.
10th February 2021
The Public Accounts Committee, which is made up of sixteen MPs, has issued a call for evidence on the matter of how the Charity Commission is spending the emergency Covid fund for charities. This comes after charities have repeatedly claimed that the funds have been distributed too slowly.
“The Committee will question senior officials at … the Charity Commission on how well the funding has been distributed and whether it is achieving its objectives”.
- Charity registration
- Governance and constitutional issues
- Trustees' duties and responsibilities
- Mergers and joint working
- Commercial contracts
- Company law and company secretarial
- Regulations and compliance
- Strategy and sustainability